Your job entry to plant breeding – direct access to living your passion.
Your quick check
What we offer
- Taking responsibility for a commercial breeding program.
- Two crops in two countries – for a full year each.
- You will be supervised by experienced breeders.
- A tailormade training program fitting your individual level of training.
- Plant breeding classes at internationally renowned universities.
- Appropriate remuneration.
- Experience in breeding programs of two different crops – for a full year each.
- Training your "breeder’s eye" and various other selection methods for many traits.
- Deployment of many techniques in the routine of a breeding program – including implementation of recent developments.
- International team work across continents.
- Comprehensive and state-of-the-art training – the perfect prerequisite for creating innovation for farmers.
- A university degree in crop sciences, agronomy, or related subjects with a major in plant breeding (MSc or comparable, PhD welcome but not required).
- Practical experience in nurseries and/or trailing is preferred
- Interest in applied genetics and permanent innovation.
- Passion and dedication for improving agricultural plant production.
- A personality capable of committing to the breeding program and of working independely
- Enthusiasm for international teamwork
- English, preferably another language as well
It is great joy to see all the diversity and variation of plants in the field – and to combine them into new varieties.