In the sugarbeet lies the power – biogas from energybeets
The energy sugarbeet has become more and more established in recent years as a renewable raw material for sustainable energy production – both in use for the production of bioethanol and for the production of biogas.
Above all, the use of energybeets in biogas production is becoming increasingly important in Germany. Together with the basic substrate maize, it is the most productive agricultural crop in our latitudes and offers a valuable supplement in the substrate mix for the biogas plant with a short residence time in the fermenter. The energybeets on the field are also convincing due to their very high and safe dry matter or methane yield potential.
KWS energybeets benefits at a glance
- high dry mass yields (DMY)
- high methane yields per hectare
- high area efficiency
- high yield potential even at cooler locations
- very fast conversion of the energy sugarbeet in the fermenter
- high digestibility of the organic dry substance (ODS)
- finely regulative
- increased process stability with the addition of 20-30% energybeets in the ration
- high flexibility at the harvest date
- long growing season can compensate for weather conditions fluctuations
Fresh sugarbeets are often the cheapest substrate for me. They are easy to obtain and deliver fast energy!
Elo West Larsen
E-mail: elowest.larsen@ kws.com
Tel.: +45 54 84 32 11
KWS SAAT SE & Co. KGaA
P.O. Box 1463