Arantes can be drilled from late February / early March onwards and grows away rapidly compared to spring barley and even Westerwolds. This makes it an ideal short season option for silage or biogas (AD) feedstock.
Characteristics in numbers
- Seed supplied in 500 Kg Bulk Units, SPD Treated
- Typical seed rate 100 – 125 Kg / Ha dep. on TGW and guidelines below.
|Drilling Date||Loam/Clay Soils||Sandy/Light Soils|
|20.02-10.03||230-250 seeds/m2||240-260 seeds/m2|
|10.03-20.03||250-280 seeds/m2||260-290 seeds/m2|
|20.03-05.04||280-310 seeds/m2||290-320 seeds/m2|
|N||90 – 120 Kg/Ha Total (split dose at BBCH 21/25) 50 – 60 Kg/Ha + (BBCH 31/32) 40 – 60 Kg/Ha|
|P||60 – 80 Kg/Ha|
|K||100 – 120 Kg/Ha|
- BBCH 30/31 + BBCH 32 as required
- On fertile sites, consider a third application at BBCH 37-39
- Please check label approvals with your agronomist
- Application at late T2 is recommended to control brown rust