Arantes spring rye can be drilled from early spring onwards and grows away rapidly compared to spring barley and even westerwolds.
For silage, Arantes offers typical freshweight yields of 12 – 18 t/ha at a DM % range of approx. 28 – 35% dep. on ripening conditions.
Arantes also offers a high level of weed suppression and drought tolerance.
Characteristics in numbers
- Seed supplied in 500 Kg Bulk Units, SPD Treated
- Typical seed rate 100 – 125 Kg / Ha dep. on TGW and guidelines below.
Drilling date and seed rate
Please check TGW to calculate drilling weight in kg/ha
|Drilling Date||Seed Rate|
|March - April (Silage)||300 seeds/m2|
|May - June (Silage)||350 seeds/m2|
|July - August (Cover crop)||400 seeds/m2|
|N||90 – 120 Kg/Ha Total|
|P||60 – 80 Kg/Ha|
|K||100 – 120 Kg/Ha|
- BBCH 30/31 + BBCH 32 as required
- On fertile sites, consider a third application at BBCH 37-39
- Please check label approvals with your agronomist
- Application at late T2 is recommended to control brown rust