Growing with Innovation
A program for business-oriented scientists
The Growing with Innovation track is an entry door for ambitious business-oriented scientists who want to be part of KWS and have a vision on how innovation based on modern research and technologies could pave the way towards a world with more sustainable agriculture within the business context.
For this program, we are in search of highly engaged individuals with strong interest in future leadership. You have a science background but would like to have a say in business decisions by innovative R&D. You bring people together for ideas and persuade them to engage in value oriented opportunities. You have consistently demonstrated leadership within the context of school, work or extracurricular activities. If this sounds like you, we would love to talk with you!
The Growing with Innovation track graduates, begin their KWS journey with an extensive onboarding program where they learn how to think strategically, display leadership capabilities, manage a project and communicate effectively. They also meet senior leaders, tour the KWS headquarter, our renowned R&D centers, and the state-of-the-art breeding station’s and have a frontline experience by taking part in field work.
Once the onboarding program is completed, graduates have the opportunity to join dynamic teams to tackle up to 4 exciting and diverse projects related to R&D (i.e, Strategy, Business Development, Research and Intellectual Property) each lasting 6 about months long. Graduates further their strategic thinking and influencing skills and have the leading responsibility of planning, overseeing and executing a R&D project contribution in a timely fashion.
All Graduate Program participants are part of a the wider KWS Graduate community and periodically come together to engage in alumi events, social responsibility projects, best-practice sharing, soft-skill trainings, and meeting senior leaders. Former graduates “buddy” the incoming ones.
During the program, the graduates are mentored by senior leaders who will support the graduate’s personal and professional growth.
I am interested in the program. How do I apply?
Application phase starts December!
Are you a good fit for our Growing with Innovation Program?
- You hold a Master’s in Agricultural Sciences, Plant Sciences, Biology, Plant Biology, Bio Chemistry, Bio Informatics, Biotechnology, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Molecular Breeding supported by a very strong interest in business/leadership topics.
- You have couple of years of experience where you showcased research skills and leadership potential. Limited direct leadership experience is also OK if you have demonstrated your leadership potential via your academic or extracurricular activities.
- You are a highly engaged individual. You bring people together for ideas. Not only that, but you persuade people to follow value generating opportunities with you. You are more a “driver” than a "joiner". You show passion and have demonstrated to deliver results.
- You are keen on joining a career in the agricultural industry and you are passionate about the future of agriculture.
- You spent some time working abroad, internships, work & travel. You possess strong intercultural skills.
- You are highly engaged in extracurricular activities.
- We are a global company, being fluent in English is mandatory, any additional languages would be an asset.
- You should be available for full-time work from October 2024 and be available for assessments January-April 2024.
What you can look forward to
- As a family-run company we are guided by the values of closeness, reliability, foresight and independence - this culture is lived in practice creating thus an open and friendly working atmosphere.
- True to our motto “Make yourself grow”, we support employees’ professional and personal development.
- We offer excellent work equipment (e.g. mobile phone, ergonomic workstations, several monitors, air conditioning, high-end technical equipment, the newest laboratory equipment), a fully-fledged, subsidized canteen and sufficient free parking spaces at the KWS location.
- Additionally we offer an attractive remuneration package, 30 days holiday, mobile working possibilities, capital formation benefits, Christmas and holiday bonuses, childcare allowance and a job bike.
- An international, motivated and dynamic team present in 70 countries around the globe
- Additional annual training budget to be utilized by the graduate for training courses of choice.
What to expect during the 2-year program
An extensive onboarding training course:
- Get to know our brand values – closeness, foresight, independence and reliability
- Learn to think strategically, display leadership qualities, lead a project, make your own mark and communicate effectively
- Visit the KWS headquarters, R&D center, breeding station and production center
- Take part in field work to gain experience at thefront line
- Get trained on Franklin Covey’s “The 7 Habits of Highly EffectivePeople” that will help you adapt to change
- Periodically meet with your fellow students, exchange best practices, get to know KWS managers personally, take part in quarterly training courses and make contacts in exciting team projects.
- Pairing with a senior KWS employee who will support your personal and professional development.
Unser Graduate Program
The [onboarding] sessions were well organized. The facilitator/trainers were conversant on their topic & the discussions were quite interesting.