KWS UK Ltd., 56 Church Street, Nr. Royston Hertfordshire, SG8 7RE UK (hereinafter "KWS", "we" or "us") has installed video cameras on its premises to monitor the site. You can recognize the areas by the fact that they are marked with signs. With this declaration we inform you about how we deal with the video recordings and any personal recordings.
1. What personal data do we process with video surveillance?
Videos from parts of the company premises are recorded with the cameras. The recordings show moving images of individuals who are in the video-monitored areas or who are moving. The individual persons can usually be recognized and identified on the recordings.
2. For what purpose do we make the video recordings?
We make the video recordings in the exercise of our rights as owner of the business based on the premises. They serve the security of our employees and our visitors, as well as to protect equipment against burglary, theft or vandalism and to investigate any criminal behavior.
3. On what legal basis do we process this data?
The legal basis for processing the video recordings is Article 6 paragraph 1 letter f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. KWS's legitimate interest is to ensure the safety of its employees and visitors, to protect equipment from break-ins, theft or vandalism, and to investigate any criminal behavior.
4. Do we pass on your data to third parties? Who is the recipient of your data?
We work with internal and external service providers (so-called contract processors), such as Service providers for IT maintenance services. These service providers may only act according to the instructions of KWS and are contractually obliged to comply with the applicable data protection requirements.
Insofar as this is legally permissible and necessary to comply with applicable law or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, we pass on your personal data to courts, authorities or law firms.
5. How long do we save the video recordings?
If the recordings are not required to investigate incidents, they will be saved for a maximum of 7 days and then irretrievably deleted.
6. What rights do you have?
Within the framework of the respective legal requirements, you have certain rights with regard to your personal data. Please note that certain exceptions apply to the exercise of these rights and you cannot therefore exercise them in all cases.
- Information: You have the right to receive information about all personal data stored by KWS about you.
- Correction: You can ask us to change inaccurate personal data.
- Deletion: You can ask us to delete personal data in certain circumstances and we will take reasonable steps to inform other controllers who process the data that you have requested to delete the links to, copies or reproductions of your data.
- Revocation of consent: You can revoke your consent to data processing that you have given us and prevent further processing if there is no other reason for KWS to process your personal data.
- Restriction: In certain cases, you can request that we restrict the processing of your data.
- Portability: If you have provided us with data on the basis of a contract or consent, you can request that you receive the data you have provided in a structured, common and machine-readable format or that we transmit it to another person responsible.
Right to object
Case-based right to object
For reasons arising from your unique situation, you have the right at any time to object to the processing of your personal data that is based on justified interests. This personal data will then no longer be processed for these purposes unless compelling legitimate grounds for the processing are established that outweigh your interests, rights, and liberties, or the processing serves to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims.
To assert the rights above, please contact us using the contact information provided.
- Submit a complaint: You can submit a complaint about our processing to a data protection authority.
7. Contact information
The controller for the data processing is:
KWS UK Ltd.
56 Church Street
Thriplow, Nr. Royston
Hertfordshire, SG8 7RE UK
Royston, January 2021