Fungicidal measures in sugarbeets - leaf health increasingly important
A fungicidal measure in sugarbeets is necessary when leaf diseases occur. Check your fields and pay attention to regional warning notices so you will not miss the right time to spray for leaf diseases. You can estimate the infection situation in your field by the leaf plucking method.
Here is how to perform the leaf plucking method on your sugarbeet field:
- Diagonally cross the sugarbeet field
- Randomly collect a total of 100 leaves from the middle leafage (1 leaf per plant)
- Count leaf spots, regardless of the pathogen involved
- Classify the result based on threshold values and optionally performing a fungicidal method
- You can also get more information on the leaf plucking method in our consulting videos