If you are interested in events organized by KWS UK Ltd., 56 Church Street, Nr. Royston Hertfordshire, SG8 7RE UK (hereinafter referred to as “KWS”, “we” or “us”) we process personal data about you - regardless of whether you enter your registration data on our website or register in writing. Below we inform you about how we process your personal data.
1. Which personal data do we process when you register?
When you register for an event, we process your name, address and e-mail address.
2. For what purpose do we process the data?
The purpose of collecting your personal data is to plan and control the events and in particular check their scope and size and to ensure that they run smoothly. In particular, we need your e-mail address to be able to inform you in case of last-minute changes or cancellation of an event at short notice. We also use your name and address to send you information on KWS products and campaigns by post.
3. On which legal basis do we process your data?
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is Article 6 (1) (f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. The legitimate interest of KWS is to be able to plan and control events and to offer participants the service of informing them at short notice of any changes. It is also in our legitimate interest to advertise our products to interested parties.
4. Who is the recipient of your data?
The recipients of our visitors' personal data are private bodies and, in individual cases, service providers who support us in organising the event. These service providers may only act in accordance with the instructions of KWS and are contractually obliged to a high level of data protection and to comply with the applicable data protection requirements.
We also pass on your personal data to courts, authorities or law firms to the extent legally permissible and necessary to comply with applicable law or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
5. How long do we store the data of our visitors?
We will delete your e-mail address after the event has ended, unless you have already provided us with your e-mail address in another context. We keep your name and address in order to send you information on KWS products and campaigns by post. Based on your registration for our event, we assume that you are interested in KWS products and campaigns. We therefore retain this data for this purpose until you inform us that you no longer wish to receive information by post or that the data is no longer necessary for the purpose we are pursuing. To notify us, you are welcome to send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or a written message to the above addresses.
6. What rights do you have?
Within the scope of the respective legal requirements, you have certain rights regarding your personal data. Please note that certain exceptions apply to the exercise of these rights and that you may therefore not exercise them in all cases.
- Information: You have the right to receive all personal data processed about you by KWS.
- Correction: You can demand that we change incorrect personal data.
- Deletion: You may request us to delete personal data in certain circumstances and we will take reasonable steps to inform other data controllers that you have requested the deletion of links to your data, copies or reproductions of your data.
- Revocation of consent: You can revoke your consent to data processing that you have given us and prevent further processing if there is no other reason for KWS to process your personal data.
- Restriction: In certain cases, you can request that we restrict the processing of your data.
- Portability: If you have provided us with data on the basis of a contract or consent, you may request that you receive the data you have provided in a structured, common and machine-readable format or that we transfer it to another controller.
Right to object
Case-based right to object
You have the right to object at any time, for reasons arising from your situation, to the processing of your personal data based on legitimate interests, including profiling based on these provisions. These personal data will then no longer be processed for these purposes, unless compelling legitimate reasons for processing can be demonstrated which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or unless the processing serves the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims.
Right to object to the processing of data for direct marketing purposes
In individual cases, your data will be processed to carry out direct advertising. You have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of such advertising. If you object to processing for the purposes of direct marketing, your personal data will no longer be processed for those purposes..
To assert the rights above, please contact us using the contact information provided.
- Submit a complaint: You can submit a complaint about our processing to a data protection authority.
7. Contact information
The controller for the data processing is:
KWS UK Ltd.
56 Church Street
Thriplow, Nr. Royston
Hertfordshire, SG8 7RE UK
Royston, January 2021