KWS SAAT SE, Grimsehlstr. 31, 37574 Einbeck, Germany, and its subsidiaries (together “KWS”) take data privacy very seriously. This Privacy Notice sets out how and for which purposes KWS processes personal data it receives from users of its CONVISO® SMART App.
1. What kind of personal information do we collect?
For the use of the CONVISO® SMART App it is necessary that users provide us with certain personal information. These information include their names and addresses, which are needed to register for a CONVISO® SMART App account and to profit from the services we offer with the CONVISO® SMART App. Users may also provide phone numbers voluntarily.
If users want to use certain services it is required to provide information about the size of or parts of acreage incl. GPS-location and the specific varieties used on fields. With regard to the variety we may ask for information on the batch number, the number of units as well as the timing of the sowing.
Users that communicate with us via the CONVISO® SMART App messenger provide personal information like the conversation itself or pictures.
We will also track information about the usage of the CONVISO® SMART App by users (e.g. how often do users view certain manuals, how many fields are registered through the app, how long do users stay on certain screens of the app?). However, such technical data will only be stored anonymously and every potential relation to specific users will be deleted before we analyse the respective data.
2. For what purposes do we use the personal information?
We use the personal information to make our services available to the users. We use the name and address (and as far as freely given also the phone number) for the registration as well as to make contact with our users. We may contact you through one of our sales agents via mail or phone (e.g. to collect feedback on the system). If users give us their consent, we also may contact them via email.
We use the information about acreage and used varieties to provide our services to the users.
Any information users provide within a conversation via the CONVISO® SMART App messenger will only be used for the purpose of the respective conversation and will not be used for any other purpose.
From time to time we will send our users information that they can receive via push notifications. Push notifications are short messages that may appear on the screen, also on the lock screen. With these push notifications we provide users with information on CONVISO® SMART relevant topics (e.g. correct timing of sowing, new information on CONVISO® SMART products etc.). Users will receive push notifications only if they have given their consent. After registering for the app users are asked whether they want to receive push notifications.
3. What legal basis do we have for processing the personal information?
If not stated otherwise we use the personal information in our legitimate interest to provide our services to the users (Article 6 paragraph 1 subparagraph 1 lit. f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, “GDPR”). For any contact we make via email or push notifications we ask for your specific consent (Article 6 paragraph 1 subparagraph 1 lit. a) of the GDPR). Users may withdraw consent to e-mails at any time with effect for the future. Please revert to the email address or address below. If users do not want to receive push notifications anymore, they can disable them anytime in the notification settings of their device.
4. Do we share your data with third parties or send your personal information to other countries?
KWS may share personal information among KWS subsidiaries but only if this is necessary to fulfil one or more of the above-mentioned purposes. KWS cooperates with service providers (so-called processors), such as service providers for IT maintenance services. These service providers shall only act in accordance with the instructions of KWS and are contractually bound to comply with the applicable data protection requirements.
5. How long do we keep your personal information?
Your personal information will be deleted if their storing is no longer necessary to fulfil the purpose of storage – unless legal retention obligations (e.g. under commercial or tax law) require longer storage. 6. What are your rights? If you are situated in the EU, you have certain rights in relation to your Personal Data. Please be aware that certain exceptions apply to the exercise of these rights and so you will not be able to exercise these in all situations. In addition, these will vary in different EU member states.
- Subject Access: You have a right to be provided with access to any data held about you by KWS generally within one (1) month of your request.
- Rectification: You can ask us to have inaccurate Personal Data amended.
- Erasure: You can ask us to erase Personal Data in certain circumstances and we will take reasonable steps to inform other controllers that are processing the data that you have requested the erasure of any links to, copies or replication of it.
- Withdrawal of consent: You can withdraw any consents to processing that you have given us and prevent further processing if there is no other ground under which KWS can process your Personal Data.
- Restriction: You can require certain Personal Data to be marked as restricted whilst complaints are resolved and also restrict processing in certain other circumstances.
- Portability: You can ask us to transmit the Personal Data that you have provided to us and we still hold about you to a third party electronically.
- Raise a complaint: You can raise a complaint about our processing with the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction.
7. Your contact for any queries
KWS SAAT SE has a designated Data Privacy Officer. Please contact our Privacy Office which will forward requests to the Data Protection Officer.
Address: KWS SAAT SE, Grimsehlstraße 31, 37574 Einbeck
You can also contact the responsible data protection supervisory authority at any time. The data protection authority responsible for KWS is: Die Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen, Barbara Thiel, Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover, https://www.lfd.niedersachsen.de