How to report a damage
The following video describes step by step what needs to be done to report a damage and access to the 50% resowing for the Maize Seed Service trool
Are you looking for a specific topic in the video?
1. upload proof of purchase - 0:33
2. create new beat - 1:30
- a. Draw - 1:54
- b. Import - 2:37
- c. Beat management - 3:04
3. add stroke details - 3:29
4. report damage - 4:35
The use of the tool at a glance
Register with myKWS
Register for free at "myKWS" (in the navigation at the top right). If you do not have an account yet, please register with your complete address.
In the Maize Seed sService, prove the purchase of KWS maize seed by uploading a delivery note or invoice. Then create your fields. You can draw in your field boundaries manually or import them. Add sowing details to your information no later than 5 days after sowing.
If damage occurs to your maize fields and the field is to be turned over, report the damage in the tool. You will receive a refund of 50% on the seed price for reseeding in case of frost or bird damage for KWS seeds treated with INITIO BIRD PROTECT
Frequently asked questions about the Maize Seed Service
- To report damage, log in to myKWS and then call up the Maize Added Value Service - here you will see an overview with your maize fields marked.
- Select the damaged field and click on "Report damage" (see picture).
- Enter the date of the damage and the reason for the damage, optionally you can also leave a comment.
- Then click on "continue", after which you can report further damage or complete the damage report.
- Then inform us (KWS) how many units of which variety you need for reseeding.
- Report the reseeding in the Maize Added Value Service as soon as you have carried it out (no later than 5 days after sowing).
- Enter the following data for the reseeding of the field: Batch number, variety, quantity and sowing date.
- You must then upload the proof of purchase for the newly sown seed.