IT at KWS
Who we are and what we do.
We are one of the world's leading seed producers focusing on plant breeding, production, and sales of seeds for agricultural crops. More than 5,000 employees represent KWS in over 70 countries. (Link Company Fact Sheet).
Sounds like a quite traditional business? In fact, progress is our tradition. We use cutting-edge plant breeding methods to help solve the problem of feeding the world's rapidly growing population. Furthermore, confronted with climate change and stagnating arable land, we are constantly striving for sustainable products for competitive farming in a healthy environment.New challenges demand new solutions – that’s why we invest 18-20% of our turnover each year in research and development.
Family-owned, independent, and with a straight focus on seeds only – that’s KWS.
Did you know?
IT and Agriculture?
At first glance, that doesn't seem to go together, but actually at KWS this combination is a key part of our progress. Just a few examples of how our IT moves us forward in the search for solutions:
- Our entire organisation is based on modern IT infrastructure. Advanced platforms enable us to combine the traditional industry of agriculture with modern infrastructure of a digital company.
- The IT teams of KWS support our business units, administrational functions but also our teams in research & development and breeding.
- SAP is our ERP system and currently we are rolling out SAP S/4 Hana. · Salesforce is an essential tool for our marketing and sales teams.
R&D needs IT.
Automation, AI and big data are now central elements of modern agriculture and breeding. In particular our research department needs qualified IT experts to analyse and evaluate large amounts of data generated in digital processes or to develop specific software for our R&D teams using agile methods like Scrum or Kanban.
For that we use technologies like Azure DevOps, ASP.NET Core, MOQ, .NET BLAZOR, Visual Code Studio, git, kubernetes, CHEF, PostSQL, R# and many more.
Find out more about some of the exciting projects driven by our data specialists.
Some exciting R&D IT projects:
Our jobs in IT:
Meet some of our colleagues:
People at KWS
"KWS offers great work-life balance. After 10 years working for KWS, my overtime account is only on a low 2 digit number."
Make yourself grow at KWS. This is what you get:
- A purposeful job that shapes the future of food
- being part of the solution to feeding the world population
- long-term employment with sustainable global impact
- Opportunities to try out new things and contribute your own ideas
- Full flexibility in project work with international customers
- Personal development and support
Great place to work
- A family atmosphere in a multinational company
- Great teams and superiors who meet on eye-level
- Flexible working hours and a positive work-life balance
- Remote work options