Growing into the Future
We offer an exciting entry opportunity for ambitious graduates and outstanding talents.
Our vision is to cultivate a high potential talent pool for career opportunities at KWS. You have recently graduated from a Master’s degree in agricultural studies or agricultural economics or alternatively have a Master’s degree with a multidisciplinary business management focus.
Interested in corporate strategy and leadership topics? Curious about the agricultural business? We offer the prospect of a full-time contract after the graduate term.
We are inviting you to work at a company that is developing and utilizing the latest technological innovations to keep up with the challenges our world presents. KWS spends between 18-20 percent of its revenue on research and utilizes the most high-tech solutions such as drones, robotics, satellite pictures and many other technological advancements to increase efficiency in sustaining current and future populations. Some call it “Smart farming”, the other call it “digital farming”. But both mean the same thing: Tailored cultivation of the field with the help of data analysis and digitally controlled machines. Future of agriculture is already here.
You can be the future of KWS.
Your quick check
Are you a good fit for our Growing into the Future Program?
- Master’s Degree in Agricultural Economics or in a field related to Agricultural Sciences and interest in business/leadership topics
- Or Master’s degree with interdisciplinary business focus (e.g: Management, Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Marketing or a relevant field) with an interest in or willingness to learn about agriculture
- You have no or minimal full-time work experience
- Passion for agricultural industry and business/leadership topics
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial thinking and strong sense of initiative
- Overseas experience i.e. study abroad, work abroad, internships, work & travel
- Extracurricular activities such as taking part in political or non-profit organization, active membership with a student club, leadership experience in a university/community/work setting and/or engagement in a project.
- Strong intercultural skills
- Fluent in English is mandatory, any additional languages would be an asset
- Graduated (including thesis submission) and ready for full-time employment by October 2023 and be available for assessments during January-May 2023.
What you can look forward to
- As a family-run company we are guided by the values of closeness, reliability, foresight and independence - this culture is lived in practice creating thus an open and friendly working atmosphere.
- True to our motto “Make yourself grow”, we support employees’ professional and personal development.
- We offer excellent work equipment (e.g. mobile phone, ergonomic workstations, air conditioning), in Einbeck / Wohlde a fully-fledged, subsidized canteen and sufficient free parking spaces at the KWS locations.
- Additionally we offer an attractive remuneration package, 30 days holiday, mobile working possibilities, capital formation benefits, Christmas and holiday bonuses, childcare allowance and a job bike.
- An international, motivated and dynamic team present in 70 countries around the globe.
- Additional annual training budget to be utilized by the graduate for training courses of choice.
What to expect during the 2-year program
An extensive onboarding training course:
- Get to know our brand values – closeness, foresight, independence and reliability
- Learn to think strategically, display leadership qualities, lead a project, make your own mark and communicate effectively
- Visit the KWS headquarters, R&D center, breeding station and production center
- Take part in field work to gain experience at the front line
- Get trained on Franklin Covey’s “The 7 Habits of Highly EffectivePeople” that will help you adapt to change
- Periodically meet with your fellow students, exchange best practices, get to know KWS managers personally, take part in quarterly training courses and make contacts in exciting team projects.
- Pairing with experienced KWS employee whom will support your personal and professional development
- Join dynamic teams to tackle 4 exciting projects
- Sole responsibility for the timely planning, monitoring and implementation of your own project.