Growing into the Future
We offer an exciting entry opportunity for ambitious graduates and outstanding talents.
Our vision is to cultivate a high potential talent pool for career opportunities at KWS. You have recently graduated from a Master’s degree in agricultural studies or agricultural economics or alternatively have a Master’s degree with a multidisciplinary business management focus.
Interested in corporate strategy and leadership topics? Curious about the agricultural business? We offer the prospect of a full-time contract after the graduate term.
We are inviting you to work at a company that is developing and utilizing the latest technological innovations to keep up with the challenges our world presents. KWS spends 18.5 percent of its revenue on research and utilizes the most high-tech solutions such as drones, robotics, satellite pictures and many other technological advancements to increase efficiency in sustaining current and future populations. Some call it “Smart farming”, the other call it “digital farming”. But both mean the same thing: Tailored cultivation of the field with the help of data analysis and digitally controlled machines. Future of agriculture is already here.
You can be the future of KWS.
Your quick check
Are you a good fit for our Growing into the Future Program?
- Master’s Degree in Agricultural Economics or in a field related to Agricultural Sciences and interest in business/leadership topics
- Or Master’s degree with interdisciplinary business focus (e.g: Management, Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Marketing or a relevant field) with an interest in or willingness to learn about agriculture
- No experience or maximum 1,5 years of full-time work experience
- Interest in the agricultural industry and business/leadership topics
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial thinking and strong sense of initiative
- Overseas experience i.e. study abroad, work abroad, internships, work & travel
- Extracurricular activities such as taking part in political or non-profit organization, active membership with a student club, leadership experience in a university/community/work setting and/or engagement in a project.
- Strong intercultural skills
- Fluent in English is mandatory, any additional languages would be an asset
- Start of program September 2021
What you can look forward to
- Attractive remuneration package
- 30 days of holiday
- Payments for holiday and Christmas
- An international, motivated and dynamic team present in 70 countries around the globe
- Family-owned company guided by the values of closeness, reliability, independence and foresight;
- This culture is lived in practice creating an open and friendly working atmosphere from day one.
What to expect during the 2-year program
4-week onboarding training course:
- Get to know our brand values – closeness, foresight, independence and reliability
- Learn to think strategically, display leadership qualities, lead a project, make your own mark and integrate design thinking
- Visit the KWS headquarters as well as a hub, R&D center, breeding station and production center
- Take part in field work to gain experience at the front line
- Franklin Covey’s “The 7 Habits of Highly EffectivePeople” that will help you adapt to change
- Periodically meet with your fellow students, exchange best practices, get to know KWS managers personally, take part in additional training courses and make contacts in exciting team projects.
- Pairing with experienced KWS employee whom will support your personal and professional development
- Join dynamic teams to tackle 4 exciting projects
- Sole responsibility for the timely planning, monitoring and implementation of your own project.
People at KWS
Working at KWS means treating each other with respect and working together with open, friendly and relaxed people, beyond national borders.