Growing with Data Science
A program for business-oriented scientists
The Growing with Data Science track is an entry door for ambitious business-oriented data scientists who want to be part of KWS and have a vision on how the application of modern technologies could pave the way towards a world with more sustainable agriculture within the business context.
For this program, we are in search of highly engaged individuals with strong interest in future leadership. You have a data science background but would like to have a say in business decisions relating to the R&D. You bring people together for ideas and persuade them to follow you. You have consistently demonstrated leadership within the context of school, work or extracurricular activities. If this sounds like you, you are an excellent fit !
The Growing with Data Science track graduates, begin their KWS journey with an extensive onboarding program where they learn how to think strategically, display leadership qualities, manage a project and communicate effectively. They also meet senior leaders, tour the KWS headquarter, our renowned R&D center, and the state-of-the-art breeding station’s and have a frontline experience by taking part in field work.
Once the onboarding program is completed, graduates have the opportunity to join dynamic teams to tackle 4 exciting and diverse projects related to data science, each lasting 6 months long. Graduates further their strategic thinking and influencing skills and have the sole responsibility of planning, overseeing and executing a data science project in a timely fashion.
All Graduate Program participants are part of a the wider KWS Graduate community and periodically come together to engage in alumi events, social responsibility projects, best-practice sharing, soft-skill trainings, and meeting senior leaders. Former graduates “buddy” the incoming ones.
During the program, the graduates are mentored by Senior leaders whom will support the graduate’s personal and professional growth.
I am interested in the program. How do I apply?
Application phase starts December!
Are you a good fit for our Growing with Data Science Program?
- You hold a Master’s or MBA in STEM areas correlated to Data Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Information Technology and Digital Business
- Data analysis and how you can extract value from data is your passion.
- You have good knowledge of Python and/or R. Additional knowledge in Viz tools would be a plus (PowerBi, Tableau, Spotfire, Quik).
- You are keen on joining a career in the agricultural industry and you would like to develop an in-depth understanding of our business.
- You possess business acumen and leadership potential.
- You spent some time overseas doing study abroad, work abroad, internships, work & travel.
- You have engaged in extracurricular activities such as taking part in a political or non-profit organization, active membership with a student club, leadership experience in a university/community/work setting and/or engagement in a project.
- You possess strong intercultural skills.
- You are looking for your first full-time job or possess minimal full-time experience.
- Being fluent in English language is mandatory, any additional languages would be an asset.
- You should be available for full-time work by October 2024 and be available for assessments January-May 2024.
What you can look forward to
- As a family-run company we are guided by the values of closeness, reliability, foresight and independence - this culture is lived in practice creating thus an open and friendly working atmosphere.
- True to our motto “Make yourself grow”, we support employees’ professional and personal development.
- We offer excellent work equipment (e.g. mobile phone, ergonomic workstations, several monitors, air conditioning, high-end technical equipment, the newest laboratory equipment), a fully-fledged, subsidized canteen and sufficient free parking spaces at the KWS location.
- Additionally we offer an attractive remuneration package, 30 days holiday, mobile working possibilities, capital formation benefits, Christmas and holiday bonuses, childcare allowance and a job bike.
- An international, motivated and dynamic team present in 70 countries around the globe
- Additional annual training budget to be utilized by the graduate for training courses of choice.
What to expect during the 2-year program
An extensive onboarding training course:
- Get to know our brand values – closeness, foresight, independence and reliability
- Learn to think strategically, display leadership qualities, lead a project, make your own mark and communicate effectively
- Visit the KWS headquarters, R&D center, breeding station and production center
- Take part in field work to gain experience at thefront line
- Get trained on Franklin Covey’s “The 7 Habits of Highly EffectivePeople” that will help you adapt to change
- Periodically meet with your fellow students, exchange best practices, get to know KWS managers personally, take part in quarterly training courses and make contacts in exciting team projects.
- Pairing with experienced KWS employee whom will support your personal and professional development