Growing with science
A program for business-oriented scientists
I am interested in the program. How do I apply?
- Preferably PhD in Biology, Crop Science, Plant Biology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics or Biotechnology.
- Outstanding drive and desire to grow with a business based on scientific research.
- Strong interest in developing broader business knowledge.
- Fluent in English (mandatory). Other languages are an advantage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Good analytical and project management skills.
- Experience working in teams and on complex projects.
The application process
In the context of KWS business we challenge you to work on a proposal that illustrates the ways you believe you can create value for KWS through the use or application of modern technologies.
We would like to receive a comprehensive but concise proposal (not more than two pages) describing the scientific concept, how and where you see the potential added value for KWS and a high-level plan around the implementation of your ideas. We will evaluate your strategic approach, your creativity, the uniqueness of your ideas and their applicability to KWS.
Together with the proposal, we ask you to submit your updated curriculum vitae.
What do we offer?
- An opportunity to explore and develop your personal skills in addition to scientific excellence
- A broad yet compact program that will allow you to explore and experience both commercial and research aspects of the business
- 24-month contract divided into 2 phases: 12 months in research and development and 12 months involving business strategy.
- A personalised development plan.
- Within the 24 months, a 3 month assignment in the USA.
- Mentorship by a KWS senior executive for the duration of the program.