Growing with science
A program for business-oriented scientists
The Growing with Science program is an entry door for ambitious scientists who want to be part of KWS and have a vision on how the application of modern technologies could pave the way towards a world with more sustainable agriculture.
We are looking for people having a passion to develop and apply science combined with a strong interest in business strategy and leading others.
Under the Growing with Science umbrella program, KWS offers two program tracks:
- Growing with Science – Data Science track
- Growing with Science – Science track
The Data Science track consists of a 24-month limited contract with KWS Group: 12 months experiencing Data Analytics and 12 months splitted amongst potential areas such as Software Development, Breeding, Labrotory, R&D, Business development and related areas (i.e.:Marketing, Commercial) for 3-6 month rotations. The 24-month program could include an international assignment.
The Science track consists of a 24-month limited contract with KWS Group: 12 months experiencing various research-driven areas and 12 months focusing on business-related areas such as strategy, business development or intellectual property. The 24-month program includes a 3 month assignment at KWS Gateway Research Center in St Louis, Missouri, USA.
During the program, the graduate will be mentored by a Senior leader whom will support the graduate’s personal and professional growth.
I am interested in the program. How do I apply?
Application phase starts December 2022!
Are you a good fit for our Growing with Science Program?
- Data track: You hold a Master’s or MBA in STEM areas correlated to Data Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Information Technology and Digital Business
- Science track: You hold a Master’s in Plant Biology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Breeding Technologies supported by a strong interest in business/leadership topics.
- You have no or minimal full-time work experience
- Passion for agricultural industry and business/leadership topics
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial thinking and strong sense of initiative
- Overseas experience i.e. study abroad, work abroad, internships, work & travel
- Extracurricular activities such as taking part in political or non-profit organization, active membership with a student club, leadership experience in a university/community/work setting and/or engagement in a project.
- Strong intercultural skills
- Fluent in English is mandatory, any additional languages would be an asset
- Graduated (including thesis submission) and ready for full-time employment by October 2023 and be available for assessments during January-May 2023.
What you can look forward to
- As a family-run company we are guided by the values of closeness, reliability, foresight and independence - this culture is lived in practice creating thus an open and friendly working atmosphere.
- True to our motto “Make yourself grow”, we support employees’ professional and personal development.
- We offer excellent work equipment (e.g. mobile phone, ergonomic workstations, several monitors, air conditioning, high-end technical equipment, the newest laboratory equipment), a fully-fledged, subsidized canteen and sufficient free parking spaces at the KWS location.
- Additionally we offer an attractive remuneration package, 30 days holiday, mobile working possibilities, capital formation benefits, Christmas and holiday bonuses, childcare allowance and a job bike.
- An international, motivated and dynamic team present in 70 countries around the globe
- Additional annual training budget to be utilized by the graduate for training courses of choice.
What to expect during the 2-year program
An extensive onboarding training course:
- Get to know our brand values – closeness, foresight, independence and reliability
- Learn to think strategically, display leadership qualities, lead a project, make your own mark and communicate effectively
- Visit the KWS headquarters, R&D center, breeding station and production center
- Take part in field work to gain experience at thefront line
- Get trained on Franklin Covey’s “The 7 Habits of Highly EffectivePeople” that will help you adapt to change
- Periodically meet with your fellow students, exchange best practices, get to know KWS managers personally, take part in quarterly training courses and make contacts in exciting team projects.
- Pairing with experienced KWS employee whom will support your personal and professional development
Unser Graduate Program
The [onboarding] sessions were well organized. The facilitator/trainers were conversant on their topic & the discussions were quite interesting.